[Interview] Nexon Mint Rocket will start and return to creative developer.

There are many people and companies who want to show changes. But very few are the changes. In 2021, Nixon threw a ticket. At the time, Kim Jae-won founded a new development headquarters and released nine games, saying, This is the last chance.

So a year has passed. Many of the games released at the time were formally revealed to gamers. Project HP is the name War haven, the project Magnum is 'First Dependent', and DR is named 'Dave the Diver' and presented to the gamers. The result is not bad. It is still changing, but it feels positive.

At the center of the change was 'Dave the Diver'. Since its launch on October 27, it has been well received by many gamers since its launch on early access, and has been evaluated as 'overwhelmingly positive' on Steam. This year, G-Star had a good response while showing a switch version, and what was the next goal of 'Dave the Diver', and what Nixon's vision was, Nixon Kim Jae-won and Mint Rocket Hwang Jae-won.

■ Dave grades are satisfied, I will go back to Nixon full of creative Nixon, who was good at operating. Q. 'Dave the Diver' is evaluated as 'overwhelmingly positive' on Steam.

Hwang Jae-won: It is encouraging because there are many positive evaluations. However, if you feel popular, I didn't know if it was so popular. There were a lot of bugs, so I had no time to heal it, but I didn't have to worry about it. Fortunately, I wanted to be a good evaluation after seeing it.

Q. Mint rocket is not a small development team. Maybe it is necessary to support multiple platforms or to add content.

Kim DAE: I think it should be explained from the reason why the mint rocket is small, but the director's sharp thoughts were appropriate for 20 to 30 people who did not need to communicate indirectly in order to spread properly throughout the organization. I made my creativity as much as possible. Therefore, the company will increase the support of the central organization in the response of the platform. In addition, if there is something to help in the central organization, I will help you more in the future.

Q. I released the switch version as a demonstration version, but it doesn't seem to support the features of the switch yet. Will this be improved later?

Hwang Jae-won: It wasn't a big team, so I couldn't respond meticulously. Joycon, a unique function of the switch, is being used for mini-games, but in the final version, all the parts that are not properly supported will work properly.

The

Q. I think it's been a long time since Nixon is born in Nixon for a long time. How do you look inside?

Kim DAE: Personally, I personally think that the most important thing is the strategy for any business or work. But even if it's ordinary, it's important to keep it steadily. What I want to say is that Mint Rocket's success is a weak success, but at the beginning there was a tremendous strategy or a meticulous implementation plan. I just thought about what to do to find fun, and I was able to succeed now because I did it.

Eventually, he focused on discovering the developer of the edge, Hwang Jae-won, and he continued to build and manage such a system that allows him to receive organizational and management know-how as well as technical support and to receive feedback naturally through various tests. Think.

To sum up, it's important to see a good game, and it's important to keep people in the game development so that they don't lose their edges in game development. I plan to continue such efforts in the future, and I think this success is the result of the director and the development team.

Q. I personally missed the UI and UX side regarding the switch version. If you have any feedback from the field, I would like to know what feedback you received and the big screen.

Hwang Jae-won: The development team also said that the switch was too small in the switch, so I think it should be improved. In addition, the screen was small, so it was not easy to deliver UX. Of course, there was a liver. For the development team, I thought it was natural, but there was a different part of our thoughts, so I would like to check and fix it later.

On the other hand, other consoles want to be released as a console right now, but as you know, the development team is small, so we are preparing in order in the line that does not harm the nature of fun.

Q. I heard that the switch was tricky in the case of switches.

Hwang Jae-won: There were many hurdles, but Nixon had a lot of experience in the console inside the mint rocket. There was a mint rocket who had a switch to the switch, but nevertheless was a left-handed. Still, as I have gained experience little by little, I think it can be released stably at the expected point of view.

Kim DAE: The switch was the first time, so I was a lot, but the know-how of other platforms is accumulating little by little. In that sense, the platform response is being set up so that the central tissue can do. In addition, small organizations are always worried about solving problems at the engine, or to raise quality using the function of the engine, and the technical response is centralized in the center and groups such as mint rocket are creative. The system is being conceived to focus only on implementing.

Q. Even though it was an early access, the play time was quite long. How much is the volume of the full version?

Hwang Jae-won: Early access was expected to be about 8 hours, but it seems to have enjoyed it more carefully than expected. I'm glad. The current early access version is 50-60% of the total.

Q. Mint Rocket's first work showed a successful start, and I wonder if I will introduce more plan and sub-brands in Mint Rocket.

Kim DAE: The goal in the future is firm. The company's strategy is to make something new, but the project that was frustrated inside is to see the light. You may seek new fun that has never been before, which is very difficult. Let's say there is a specific genre of 20-30 years. When he said he wanted to combine something else and want to make something new, the company has no way of knowing what the game it is except him. So I don't usually try that, but I think the company should help it and try it. It is our job to discover those people, help, help and protect them.

In that sense, I think that mint rocket will make a game, and the sub-brand will focus on this genre in the future. In other words, I want to pursue a new challenge, so on the contrary, Please bring a game that we want to play rather than a big money.

Q. The needs for multiplayer among users who have seen the ending are significant. And when you make a weapon, there's something related to M.O.E.?

Hwang Jae-won: Multiply is unresponsive. It's not currently being developed, but if the game is successful, some is known, and users want to worry about it.

There is a virtue character in the game, and I started from the idea of creating a favorite animation worldview that this friend was, and Nixon has a good IP.

Kim DAE: I think the director was worried at first. But I didn't have to put it in, but I felt like I put it in. So I asked if Nixon played a lot of ongoing games, but I was influenced by multiplayer and immediately pulled out (laughs). As the director pursued was single play, I thought it was better to focus on it, and multiplayer would be able to think if the needs of users later.

Q. Hwang Jae-won's biography is likely to play an indie-sensitive game in the future.

Hwang Jae-won: Now I have to solve the bug than I think about the next work. However, as the vice president said, I think it's right to think about a game that can be successful and successful rather than just playing the game I want to play. In that sense, it seems to be recognized now because it has been accumulated through Evil Factory for about five years.

Kim DAE: I admit that mint rocket may look like an indie, but it is not indie in a pure sense. And it may be a real response and acknowledgment of the indie scene, but innovation doesn't necessarily think that it happens in hunger. Sometimes I think that I can make a more bold challenge in safety and abundance, but in that sense, I hope that mint rockets will have a bold challenge in a big, solid fence called Nixon.

In fact, people in the indie scene often feel the pressure of time. Moreover, making something new is not a clear picture, so it takes a long time to finish it perfectly. However, it means that it takes a long time, so the indie scene faces difficulties in many ways, and we can make it relaxed in that part. And the indie scene must do everything, but we have nothing to do with creativity.

Comments